BROKEN EXHAUST MANIFOLD BOLT HEAD

2006 Hummer H3

2006 Hummer H3 All Wheel Drive Automatic 31000 miles

you were absolutely correct as I expected. The bolt was hidden but my garage repairman was able to feel around and find the broken bolt and it was the rear bolt as you said. Being warrranty is over in june 2010 I have an appt. At a chevrolet dealership to get it repaired, probably drilled and tapped, being the hummer dealership is 75 miles away. My question is this: would I be better to have it repaired at a franchised cadillac/hummer dealership, even with distance issue, in case they're more familar with bad head issues etc? Or will I be okay at chev garage? Thanks for your opinion. Would like to give super feedback but haven't figured it out yet. Thx again.
Venicebeachboy

Was wondering if you got my question regarding whether I need to go to a franchised hummer dealer for repair or would a regular chevy dealer be able to do the job okay?

Venicebeachboy
Chevy is a GM brand so they have all the diagnostic capabilty a Caddy dealer has, if they are willing to work on it it should be fine!

Merlin2021
I would assume that they would be familiar with the process, the same engine is in the Colorado/Canyon and possibly the Trailblazer. There was an inline 6 4.2L that had the same cylinder head issues as well. Success though, is in the eye of your technician. Drilling and extracting broken steel bolts, from aluminum, is not for everyone. That goes the same for whatever flavor of dealer you choose.

Factoryjack