POWER DOOR NOT FUNCTIONING.

Honda Odyssey

Hi! I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey EX with 168k miles on it, the engine is a 6cyl. I am having 2 problems.

#1 the passenger side rear power door is not functioning and the " Power Door" light is on.

#2 I have a " check emmissions" light that has come on.

I don't know what to do about either of these and I'm looking for guidance. If I can handle any of it myself, that would be great, and if not, what am potentially looking at in terms of a repair bill?

Thanks so much!

Dawn
Dawnpurcell

The door will require a little electrical troubleshooting. First, check all fuses, interior and exterior (underhood power center)Remove the switch from the dash and use a test light to verify power in, then check that the switch is powering up both diresctions. Then if ok will have to remove panel to access the motor assembly, useing test light verify power is switching depending on the dash switch direction. If all is Ok then the motor is most likely bad. The emissions light is a dual light system in conjunction with the Check Engine Light. Might need a scanner to clear the light

Jack42
The most common reason that odessey side doors stop working is they need to be " re-homed". No parts required 99% of the time.

Lostinmars
I've got a similar problem with my '02 Odyssey. However, I don't think any of the items mentions could be the problem, because it's an intermittent problem. Also, I can get it to slide automatically with the dashboard button, or the key fob. When the door handle itself fails to make it work, most times just pulling a little hard on the door to get it started will get it to operate.

Any suggestions on what this problem could be?

Also: 'lostinmars' said 're-homing' could be the solution. How do you re-home the door?

Newmansa
Yours sounds more like a bad spot in the motor or it is weak if helping it makes it work

Jack42
With the engine running, remove the fuse for the door, located to the right at the bottom of the glove box. Wait for one whole minute before re-installing it. That will clear the door's program, including any glitch.
Check the rail at the bottom of the door, by the foot step; oftentimes dirt, debris and sometimes food(blame the kids) get stuck which activates the safety feature for the door and causes the glitch when it gets confused when you try to force it after the fact. Just clean and lubricate the rails so the door slides easily

Jeremiah