FRONT MOTOR MOUNT

2004 Honda Odyssey

2004 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

Took my Odyssey into the dealer for 105K maintenance. They say the front motor mount is " cracked", and want $500 for replacement.

1. If I keep driving it, what would I notice if the mount breaks? 2. Why so expensive? 3. Should I replace all mounts at the same time? If so, what additional coast should I expect? TNX

Picklock

The labor for the front mount is 2.4 hrs time's shop labor rate 80-100 per hr?The mount is 168 dealer part. So 500 sound's a little high depending on what there shop labor rate. What is there shop labor rate?Also what is the price of the mount?You could try and get a aftermarket mount and have it done a independent shop.I would just replace the mount that is cracked they would have told you if you had any other bad mount's.I would change it before it break's all the way. If it break's you could notice a banging noise from the engine moving around and it could damage other mount's or other thing's in the engine compartment.

Hi there, my odyssey had the same problem, the dealer was to expensive, so I got the motor mount from Napa Auto Parts for just over 100 and if you have the equipment, then you can replace it yourself. The mount is right on top on the passenger side I believe. So just put a jack under the engine and work away, screws are pretty tight and you might need long extension for ratchet.

Molsoncanadian