MY CAR WILL NOT ACCELRATE

Honda Civic

I have a 1990 civic 1.5L with high miles I was told that the passenger side tie rod was going to need replacing, it was not done. Today while while shifting from 2nd to 3rd I lost power and it sounds like the driver side half axel fell off. I pulled off and took it out off gear checked it out its still connected but now the car will not accelerate at all. II put it into 1st to continue driving but did not go any where in any gear. There is a grinding/ knocking sound comming from the passenger side half axel and while putting in gear the passenger side will spin and grind. While towing the car home with Tow rope I noticed the same noise. While over looking the engine I noticed that I can still shift gears but there is no power from engine to wheel. Is all this because of a bad tie rod or do I now need to replace the passenger front axel as well. : (
Fatpballer82

Sound like the axle is bad, get it up on a lift and check to see exactly where the grinding and knocking is comming from. It sounds like the front axle. Also check the bearings.

M_H_RITZEL
I would say that a cv axle has disengaged from the tranny. The cause is what you need to find out. Look at the motor mount by the tranny as problem as well.

Bruce Hunt
Thx for the info I will check all suggestions and update if needed

once again thank you to all

Fatpballer82