CAR WONT START

Honda Civic

Honda, Civic, 1979, 85,000, 1.5 CVCC. I poor a small amount of gas into the carb and it will only run until it consumes the gas that I poured. I have checked the gas lines that come up right before the carb and gas does run all the way just before the carb. It seems like the carb is not getting any fuel. Fuel pump is working fine and the fuel filter looks fine also.
MAG

You have one of two problems.

Pressure from the fuel may not be sufficient. Solution: Get a fuel pressure check

or

The float and shut off are having problems in the carb such as the needle is sticking to the seat and does not allow fuel in to the carb. The rubber tip gets a ring from the sealing to the seat. This small indentation from being seated can actually cause the needle to stick and not drop open. Solution: Get the carb rebuilt or get a kit and do it yourself.

Bruce Hunt