COOLANT LEAK

2006 Honda Civic

Engine Cooling problem
2006 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

Have a 2006 Honda Civic. 80,000 miles. Kept good service on it since new. Never had a problem until today. The car has developed a coolant leak and I am having a hard time finding the source of the leak. All of the hoses seem intact and dry. The water pump looks good and dry too. The thermostat area seems dry also. I can smell coolant and see it dripping on the ground after I shut off the motor.

Under the hood I do notice a wet area on the motor and it is definitely coolant but I can't find the source. I can see coolant on the motor just to the right of the exhaust pipe (viewed from under the hood. Please help ! And thank you in advance. John
Rednuroit

I'm having the same issue with my 2006 Civic. I had no idea that it was leaking coolant until my car started overheating. I could just smell the antifreeze when getting out of the car. Very frustrating and hoping its not an expensive issue.

Ramirez0478
Took the car to the dealer and to my very surprise it turns out that Honda has an engineering/manufacturing/ production flaw with the engine blocks actually CRACKING ! CRACKED ENGINE BLOCK ! Can you believe it?

And I am sorry to say that Honda will not cover it. Shame on you Honda !

This is NOT an isolated incident. These engine blocks are cracking in many, many of these cars.

Rednuroit
I had the same problem, cracked engine block. Honda covered it under warranty as it is a lease. I just got the car back today, drove to work, and upon checking on my car around lunch time, all the coolant has leaked! It is still a problem! You are not alone, I am very displeased with Honda. I called the Honda Dealer Repair Shop and they asked me to bring it back. C'mon ALREADY!

Don't know what the issue will be this time. I was without the car for 6 days! Now I have to take it back.

Hondacoolantleak
I had the same problem, however the Honda repair technicians said it is becuase of a cracked engine block. Honda covered it under warranty as it is a lease. I just got the car back today, drove to work, and upon checking on my car around lunch time, all the coolant has leaked! It is still a problem! You are not alone, I am very displeased with Honda. I called the Honda Dealer Repair Shop and they asked me to bring it back. C'mon ALREADY!

Hondacoolantleak

Don't know what the issue will be this time. I was without the car for 6 days and have to bring my 2008 Civic back. So frustrated.

Hondacoolantleak