P0139 MALFUNCTION CODE

2005 Honda Accord

Computer problem
2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40600 miles

Hi
I started getting the malfunction light on in my Honda 2005 Accord and I took it to my friend's mechanic shop to get the diagnosis code and we found that it is P0139. - Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) Slow Response. I am planning to take it to the dealer. I am surprised that it this came up on my car which has only 40000 miles on it. What could be the culprit? Do I have to replace the O2 sensor?
Also, is it advisable to take an extended warranty? I guess I may not be able to obtain it from Honda Care as the car is past 36000 miles warranty.
Tsramkumar

Hi tsramkumar,

It could be caused by loose wire connections or a failed sensor. Diagnostics would have to be carried out to confirm the cause. Electrical components are unpredictable and there are no specific reasons why they would fail.

Personally I do not not have any comments on extended warranty and it is up to you. You can check with the dealer about it.