WHINING, SHREAKING NOISES COMING FROM MY

2004 Honda Accord

Noises problem
2004 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 83,400 miles

I have a question,

I have a 2004 honda accord about 83k miles. Just recently within the last few weeks began to hear light whining sound/ sort shreaking noise from the car. When I get out of the car to see where it is coming from, it seems to be coming from the left passenger side under the hood, in the area where the belt is. The sound continues and then stops if the car has been in drive mode for more than 15-20 minutes, do you know what this might be?
Cathina2002

I suspect that you have an idler pulley going out, although the mileage seems a little low for this problem. You should have it checked out by a mechanic with a stethoscope to help pinpoint it.

Red45

Thanks for replying. I took it to the honda dealership over the weekend for oil change. I had them check it out. It is actually the serpentine belt, it need to be replaced because it is beginning to crack.

Cathina2002