LOAD NOISES

2001 Honda Accord

2001 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 144000 miles

I have a honda accord 2001 it has 144,000 miles on it. It sounds like the engine is running too hard and it has no power going up hills. The car seems to sputter going up hills. My father in law says it sounds like the fuel injector which cost $104.00 dollars just for the part but some have said try an tune up. The engine now sounds bad because I didn't have the money to get the replacement. What do you guys recommend?
Dmjacks1976

Hi dmjacks1976,

DO NOT replace anything until you have confirmed the cause and items to be replaced. Honda injectors seldom fails and that is always the last on my list of possible causes.

When you mentioned the engine is running too hard, do you mean the engine is racing as if the trans is slipping?

Do you have difficulties starting after the engine has been stopped for a while?

You mentioned sputtering going up hills, have you checked the spark plugs? Symptoms indicates possible misfiring.

Is the Check Engine Indicating or sometimes indicates?

Get a free scan done at Autozone and let me know the EXACT trouble code if any found.