EX V6 REPLACING AN EGR VALVE

2000 Honda Accord

How do you change the EGR valve on my accord and how do you turn off the maintenance light?
Turbopark

Hold in the trip switch on the instrument cluster. Turn the key on. Wait for the maint light to stops flashing and it is reset.

The EGR valve is a bear to change and should go to a dealer. Whay do you want to change it? Let me know

Losone
Because the check engine light came on and I took it to autozone and the computer said it was the EGR valve. My friend is pretty good with his hands and he said he'd probably be able to replace it though he's never done it before. How much do they charge at a mechanic? I know dealership will probably be more expensive.

Turbopark
The Zone scanners don't tell the whole stories. There are several sensors that can set an EGR valve code. Take it tt a mechanic with a scanner that can read the data stream. I would hate to see you go through all the labor and the light would still be on.

What ever you do DON" T buy an EGR valve from the Zone--made in china and not very good.

Losone
Thanks I'm going to check on it. You've been great help.

Also I always wanted to learn about car repair. Other than formal schooling, where do you think I can learn most about car repair?

Turbopark
Please re type the question. I dont understand

Lsussel