TRANNY OR SOLENOID?

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl 177, 00 miles

When taking off, while still cool, it does not do too much of this, once it's warmed up, it start slipping (gears). I handle it as if it were manual, listen to the engine, let go of accelerator, it goes into gear, then I accelerate again. The real, real problem is when I come to a stop. It takes about 2 - 3 seconds, then it jerks, and then goes into low gear. When I put it in reverse, it makes like a crunching noise, it thumps, then jerks, the gets in gear. It's smell, after being in high gear (highway, runs fine on highway), like of burnt oil. I've been bad and have not had the transmission oil work/change done, since I got it 1 yr ago.
Castrojg

Hi castrojg,

Since it is running fine when it is cold, replace the fluid and see if it improves the situation. Bad fluid can cause the symptoms described.

Did the D4 lamp blinks while driving?

Yes! It blinks, even after I change the gear to reverse, park, or any other gear. When I am arriving at approximately 20 mph, to stop, the car downshifts, as if downshifting in a manual trans car, to first gear (from 3rd). Once it has downshifte on it's own, then resume after a stop, the car seems to drag, as if in a very low gear or as if hauling a very heavy load. The car must be turned off so the blinking D4 light will turn off, then again, the downshift, blinking, and heavy drage. Please help. P.S. - Fluids have already been replaced, as well as a tune-up

Castrojg
When the D4 light is blinking, an error in the trans control/managment has been detected and you need to retrieve the Diagnostic Trouble Code ( DTC ) to understand which component is malfunctioning and the rectification to be carried out.

Most parts outlets would perform the scan free for you. Let me know the exact DTC.