AUTOMATIC GEAR SHIFT PROBLEMS

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I Changed Out My Old Shift Knob A While Back. Recently It Fell Off. Needless To Say Im Kinda Lazy Unless Its Important. My Wife Has Been Pushing The White Stick That Runs Through The Shift Rod By Had. Today SHe Went To Take Me To Work And Everything Was Fine When She Went To Put THe Car In Reverse It Wouldnt Go. Now The Car Drives Fine In All Gears With Out Any Noise OR Jumping. But It Wont Go In Reverse Nor Park. The Car Sits Outside Of My Home In Gear And Off. This Is A Automatic Trans. What Would Be The Problem You Think? I Was Think It Just Got Stuck.
Cyirus

Hi cyirus,

I am a little confused by your description.

Do you mean to say you are able to shift into reverse but the car won't move or you are unable to shift in reverse at all?

What about shifting into parking?

If you can shift into reverse but the car won't move, most probably the 4th gear would not be working well, slipping when engaging.