EVAP FUEL TANK LEAK

1998 Honda Accord

1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103690 miles

My accord is giving P1456 EVAP Emission leak detected (Fuel tank leak) error.I cleared the engine light once but it again came up today.
Also I have noticed a dip in car mileage
Please let me know how can I get it rectified (starting from cheapest) and how much it's gonna cost me
Vetstudent

Hello –

To better assist you is your model the DX, EX, or LX…. Also what is your engine size in liter.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hi
My model is LX
Engine size is 2.3 L

Vetstudent
Hello –

Thanks for the information and sorry for the delay…. Technical difficulty.

The code………. It appears that it has to flag twice before it trips.

This is a two-trip code; once cleared, it cannot be reproduced in one trip. Also, certain specific driving and ambient conditions must occur before the ECM/PCM will complete the system checks. Additional test drives may still not meet the specific conditions needed to reproduce the code.

There are several tests to check the code…. But the first suggestion is the fuel fill cap was not properly installed.

My suggestion………. First make sure your fuel cap is on really good…at least 3 clicks.

Next please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O’Reilly’s (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, please make sure you write it down and then have them clear the codes……….

Then let’s see if it trips again. That will eliminate the fuel cap.

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recalls_37.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS