INCURRECT CAM SIGNAL

1998 Holden Vectra

1998 Holden Vectra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 245000 miles

i had checked with scaner code come up incorrect cam signl code 340 I had checked timing replaced cam sensor wiring replace sensor with new one engine waring lamp still on fault code still say incorrect cam shaft signal
Gary dhillon

Hi there,

I have had this problem with a Vectra I have had at my work shop, still totally unresolved even after they spent a small fortune at the local Holden dealer, dealer and myself have both checked valve timing, sensor, loom, ECU. I am at this stage looking at a possible voltage feed back problem, but we are not totally convinced that this is the problem, I have known of others that have disposed of the car after not being able to resolve this same issue, I do think that this is just one of those problems that the dealers don't want to know about. I do know of one that was resolved with repairing a problem with the plug on the loom for the sensor, and ensure that the valve timing is correct as well.

Mhpautos