SPEEDOMETER

2003 GMC Sierra

2003 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 81700 miles

My speedometer is pegged out but all other gauges working. Some people told me to disconnect the battery for a little while. Need your help on what it could be.
Tracker1959

It's in the IPC, here is the special policy for it: 07187B -- SPECIAL COVERAGE ADJUSTMENT - INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER GAUGE NEEDLE FUNCTION

Models: 2003-2004 CADILLAC ESCALADE, ESCALADE ESV, ESCALADE EXT

2003-2004 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE, SILVERADO, SUBURBAN, TAHOE

2003-2004 GMC SIERRA, YUKON, YUKON XL

Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that one or more of the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the instrument panel cluster after the condition has been verified. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 28, 2007 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 28, 2007, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Might want to call the dealer and see if your vehicle falls in this policy. Post back with what happens.

Brian 1
There was a recall on the spedo cluster

quote=" tracker1959" ]Electrical problem

My speedometer is pegged out but all other gauges working. Some people told me to disconnect the battery for a little while. Need your help on what it could be.[/Quote]

James53546