CAR CRANKS BUT WONT START...

GMC Other

140,000 miles- 4x4
I have been having this problem with my truck like for a month now. The car seems to crank but wont start.I of course started with the basic. Does it pass gas, yes, do I have spark, yes. I have done several things to see if I get lucky. Changed the spark plugs, chnaged distributor, chnaged fule filter, air filter. I checked the spark from spark plug #1 and I got spark I also checked the spark from the coil and I got spark I checked the fuel from the valve and I got fule from it even though I get fuel from the valve, might it still be the fuel filter that is causing my truck not to start? When my truck is on it makes like a noice on the fule tank people tell me that its because the fulel filter is working it makes like this "zz" sound.
I have been turning my truck on my putting some starting fluid in the front I dont know what that is called but the air filter leads to it I think its the throttle and whn I put the starting fluid, the truck starts right away.
I also noticed that my truck has been a little shakier thatn normal, also what I noticed is that since these problems had started, I notced the neddle that marks my gas on the dash board is a little shaky that needle was never shaky it was always still and I noticed that when these problem started the gas neeedle started shaking any suggestion please, what else can I check or repair. THANKS
Marklory

NEVER, NEVER USE STARTING FLUID IN THAT ENGINE UNLESS YOU WANT ENGINE PIECES ON THE GROUND. If you have a Vortec engine it sounds like the problem is the fuel injector module, especially the fuel pressure regualtor which is imbedded under the intake manifold manifold.

Losone
Where do I find the fuel pressure regulator? Where is the intake manifold?

Marklory
The top radiator hose is connected to the intake. The pressuure regulator is locted as part of the fuel injection module under the intake. I would suggest letting a pro to it. It is not an esy job--good luck

Losone