MODELS WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SPECS

1995 GMC Other

Brakes problem
1995 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

My vehicle is a K2500, but with the brakes of a 1-ton " K3". I had my LEFT front wheel speed sensor go bad and bought a replacement (PN 15990503) from my GMC dealer. The replacement measures 1070 Ohms while my Shop Manual specifies around 3000 Ohms (temp dependant). My original RIGHT front sensor does measure 3004 Ohms. My dealer's parts man rechecked his books and insists that the replacement I received is the correct one. We measured a second new one from stock and it also measured about 1070 Ohms. My PROBLEM is that since I replaced the sensor, the car pulls to the left upon breaking and is then sluggish in releasing brakes. Is there an independant way of checking to make sure I have the correct sensor. This car has 7.4L engine and the heavy duty brakes for a 1-ton vehicle.
Forastiero

Does the sensor for a K25 and the K30 have the same pt #? Can you interchange the left and right speed sensors to see if the problem follows? Also did you change pads at the same time?

James W.
Just some feedback: I found the cause was a clog in the RF brake hose just at the junction at the chassis clamp. New hose - now brakes work great. Thanks for the chat

Forastiero
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My hard drive died and I had to reload everything into a new one. Clogged brake hoses used to be a common problem on GM 4X4's, but I haven't seem it in years. Glad you found it. If there is anything else, you know where to find us.

James W.