ENGINE MISFIRE AGAIN

Ford Windstar

1998 FORD WINSTAR GL 3.8L ENGINE 131000 MILES
LAST WEEK WHILE PULLING SMALL TRAILER CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND ENGINE LOST POWER WHEN LIGHT WAS BLINKING. HAD TUNE UP DONE WITH NEW SPARKPLUGS/WIRES, FUEL FILTER AND AIR FILTER. THIS LAST WEEKEND WHILE PULLING SAME TRAILER CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AGAIN WITH LOSS OF POWER NOTED WHEN LIGHT BLINKING ALSO NOTED TERRIBLE GAS CONSUMPTION (10-13 MPG). MY MECH SAYS MISFIRE ON A CYLINDER BUT EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT FINE INCLUDING COMPRESSION, HE ASKS IF I USED LOW QUALITY GAS. I DID PUT IN WALMART GAS THAT MORNING 87 OCTANE. COULD THIS CAUSE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO COME ON AND CAUSE A MISFIRE?
Ironhawk

Poor gas could possibly be the cause but there are many other things. I have the same problem but mine happens when the a/c is on and stopped at a light. It seems that the a/c, or the trailer puts more of a load on the engine which makes a more minor proble bigger. I do have a different vehicle and engine. It is posted on this site (currently on page 2) as "2001 Taurus Persistant Engine Misfire."

(http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2001-taurus-persistant-enging-misfire-vt44369.html)

Right now it seems that the servicing dealership can only guess at the causes. I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Probleminohio
First get ALL the codes. Even the ones that caused the blinking check engine light. It blinks when a problem is or can be, causing converter damage. But it sounds like most of the trouble is overheating the engine. Tooo much load!

Merlin2021