CAR STALL

Ford Tempo

? I HAVE A 1991 FORD TEMPO, IT SEEMS TO VAPOR LOCK AND STALL WHILE DRIVING, IT HAS HAD A RECENT TUNE UP. COULD IT BE A VACCUMM HOSE OR SOMETHING MORE SERIUOS?
JMLOGA

Hiya just a question for you, Does it only stall out after driving for a long period?

Bradley
Hey Mine does the same darned thing. The first time it happened I was on the way back from a 50 mile trip and it just chugged and wouldnt keep running when I restarted itWe got a tow and parked it at a friends house. The next day it started up and ran fine for weeks. But I changed the fuel filter and it was fine. Then again on a comparable day out, it was like I was suddenly out of gas and I got it to a gas station on the next block and filled it up even tho my guage said I still had over a quarter of a tank left. It ran good for the rest of the afternoon. So I thought maybe my guage was off a bit and never let it get below half a tank. I only used it to go on short trips to town and back for a month or so without problem. Then on a really hot summer day trip which I had filled up the tank to be sure to prevent this problem, it happened again and I had to call for a tow. This time I decided that it was just vapor lock since it started again the next day. So I didnt drive it until cooler weather. But alas, on a mild rainy day about 60 miles away, again it happened and I would like to know what anyone can tell me about this prioblem since I cant figure it out.
Thanks to anyone who can help

Mom learning out of necessity to fix her own car or walk: o)

Cheppyyyyy