POSSIBLE ENGINE AND BRAKE PROBLEMS

Ford Taurus

I just bought a 1998 ford taurus. It has 135,000 miles on it. The check engine light recently came on and the brakes have started to make a grinding or crackling noise like something is being dragged underneath the front of the car. The noise doesn't happen everytime I brake but often enough to cause concern. Any helpful information would be appreciated.
1998fordowner

I would suggest if you are going to do the work yourself, go to the local auto parts store ( autozone etc. ) And pick up a Code reader. That will read the computer in the car and break down the possibilities of what it could be. For the brake sounds, check your pads and rotors. Your pads may need to be changed.

Dlaprad7093
If the noise comes only when brakes are applied it's likle the pads need replacing. If it stops when brakes are applied it points to a wheel bearing

Lovescars