FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEM I THINK

Ford Taurus

Make: Ford
Model: Taurus SE
Year: 2002
V6 engine 3.0 liter
Mileage: 117000

I ran out of gas a couple months ago and every since then my car seems to sputter. It really jerks bad when you are going up hills and small inclines but if I step on the gas it will go. Also when driving it rides smooth at times but them it starts to jerk a little on the highway. My gas mileage is still fine. The engine light came on at first and then it started blinking so I changed the spark plugs and wires and the blinking stopped, but every other day the engine light comes on and off. Is this a fuel injection problem or fuel pump problem. Also when I turn on the A/C the car will not stay on for long, it just cuts off. Is this part of the problem with the fuel system or a whole nother problem
Mwade1

I think you should have your fuel pressure rested, and the codes read! When the check engine light is blinking, it means you could be damaging the catalytic converter! Obviously the problem still exists! If the converter was damaged, it may be partially clogged up, choking off the engine.

Merlin2021