96 AIR CONDITIONING COMPRESSOR NOT WORKING

1996 Ford Taurus

Hi all Im new here and have a question. As you can see I have a 96 Taurus with a compressor not working. Now the other day the air was feeling a little warm so I put in a nother can of R-134 in to the system at that time I could see the compresser working and the air got nice and cool, now the same day I was driving to work and it started to blow hot air. Today I checked to see if the compresser was working and it was not. Is there a fuse that controlls the compresser if so were is it located? This is all new to me But am willing to learn how this stuff works.

Update: I have checked all the fuse that I would think that would controll the compresser and nothing. Also checked for any loose connections on the A/C unit, and I can turn the compresser cluch by hand.

Thank you
Andy
Andycam

I have one what do I do

Andycam
Thanks for the reply back. Ok I have power on the purple wire off the accumulator. I jumped the two wires and yes the commpresser ran and the A/C got nice and cold and the engine cooling fan ran.
What is the next step?

Andycam
Thank you so very much for your help Ill get the part monday and post the results

Andy

Update: Replaced part A/C works great Thanks

Andycam