CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2003 Ford Taurus

Computer problem
2003 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I own a 2003 Ford Taurus V6 DOHC and my check engine light came on. I went up to the local Autozone in order to check the code which was P0141. This code is for the Heated Oxygen Sensor bank 1 sensor 2. I replace the sensor but check engine light is still on. I unplugged the battery and the light went off for about 10 min but it came back on. Went back to Autozone and still had the same code. Does the computer need to be reset by the OBDII scanner or does unplugging the battery reset the computer. Any other suggestions?
Ram5er

May be a problem in the harness as one other possible cause. IF the sensor was a universal one as oppossed to the one meant for the system, that may have a bearing on it. There is a chart to troubleshoot this code that is best to follow before replacemnt of a suspected sensor. A code is a starting point to diagnosis and jumping from the code to a guess based on the description is gamble at solving the problem.

Thank you for your quick response. Fyi. I did not use a universal sensor, the one a purchase was for my Taurus. Where do I find the troubleshooting chart?

Ram5er
If you look on the link on my signature, it will take you to mitchell manuals.

IT will be listed under tests with codes.