IDLE SQUEAK

2003 Ford Ranger

Noises problem
2003 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

My truck has a squeak somewhere in the engine, or somewhere in the front of the vehicle, when it's idling.
When I push the gas it goes away. As soon as I get off of the gas pedal the squeak comes back.
I'm pretty sure that it's not the brake pads because the squeak remains even after the vehicle has stopped.

I had my timing belt changed a couple of months ago because it was squeaking, could it be the belt again?

Thanks for your help.
Tom
EchoZulu

Timing belt? I have yet to see a ford ranger with a timing belt unless it has 4 cylinder. DO you mean the serpentine belt? Anyway as for the engine noise I would check the idler and tensioner pulleys for the serpentine belt system first then check the altenator. If you don't have a long screw driver to use a stethescope then you can buy a stethescope at an auto parts store pretty cheaply.

Racefan966