TRANSMISSION

Ford Probe

I have a 1994 ford probe gt v6 2.5 auto transmission with 216,000 miles a while back my speedometer stopped working when I hit this deer awhile later my trans started slipping alot I got the trouble code vechicle speed sensor the car was still diving until yesterday when it stop engaging it only engages when u get up to 5,000 rpms and it moves slowly at then speeds up should I be lookin for a new transmission? Or is it something simple its full of fluid also can you tel me where the sensor is located at nobody knows not even the ford dealer and none of the manuals have it for the v6 thanks!
Shaun1942000

Sounds like it may be internal, especially since you had a slip before and now no engagement

CHEVYII
Sounds like the speed sensor wich in return will not send a signel to the tranny to shift and will quickly burn out the tranny. Also watch for the overdrive flash to come on cuse then ur in some deep waters.
Im haveing the same problem had my tranny rebuilt burnd out in 2 days due to faulty vss.

Damien1010101
OOO ya and the sensor is in a bad frekin spot it was a ***ch to get off.

Were the passenger side axle goes into the tranny, right above the axle in the tranny itself is the sensor you cant miss it really there is not many other sensor or wire's there all you need is 10m socket, vicegrips.

Take off the one bolt---> Unclip plug--> grab sensor witch vicegrips **carefull this is a plastic part so dont brake it***
Turn the vicegrips left, right and push up at the same time and it should come out but not very easy.

Now there is a metal frame above the sensor so it takes alot of moveing and placeing the sensor so it will come out thats the hard part. But it will come just play with it.

Damien1010101