VAPOR LOCK I THINK

Ford Other

I have a 1981 f100 2wd automatic 302 2 barrel.
it seems to vapor lock. I will be driving it then it just doesn't get gas to the fuel filter. I wait half hour to 45 minutes then it pumps gas to the filter. It has a mech. Pump and there is no lines near a heat source other then then line going from the pump to the carb and it pass right by the raditor hose and thremo housing. Any thoughts? Thanks
Tumbleweed

I believe you have diagnosed it correctly : P either that or ur pump may be wearing out

Blackop555
Afriad of that know I need to reroute the lines. I hope that does it if not then new pump. Thank you for the help. : )

Tumbleweed
Ok I found out the problem. It turned out to be the fuel pump the diapham when out, as soon as I put a new one on it worked great and no more problems. I drove it around in the heat for about four hours non stop and no problems. Thank you for the help. : O

Tumbleweed