E-150 VAN - NO HEAT

1998 Ford Other

My 1998 Ford E-150 conversion van with 95,000 miles on the 4.6L engine has no heat. I have already done a thorough flush and fill but still nothing. The radiator and heater core seem clean and no leaks. It has rear heat also and that seems to get slightly warmer than the ice cold air blowing from the front vents. Any suggestions on wether it's a switch or something. If so please include where I can find the problem switch. Thank you
MasterPlumberPA

When you have the temp switch turned up does it have any heat? You say the rear has little. When you turn it down does the air get colder? You did not say if tyou replaced the thermastat, if not change it.

M_H_RITZEL
Thank you for your reply. With the temp switch all the way up - no heat. The rear is slightly warmer than the front after running a long time (barely - almost like friction heat from air blowing through ducts to rear vents) the front blows such cold air that there is no change when I switch to cold air. I believe the t-stat was changed by garage, but will change it & see if there is any change. I'll let you know if it works.

MasterPlumberPA
Mike
I changed the thermostat out but still no difference. With the current temperatures being in the 30 to 45 range, both front & back blow out ice cold air. I also changed the heater control valve that is located under the driver's side in the middle of front and back. There is also a vaccuum line on it that seems fine but it goes up into the van via the door channel and I lose where it goes from there. I'm stumped on what else to do. Please help!

MasterPlumberPA
Sorry for the delay in answering, been away for a while. What does the temperasture guage say? Let the engine run and feel the hoses that go into the firwall for the front heater, see if they get warm. When you flushed the system did you flush it or back flush it?

M_H_RITZEL