RANGER XLT FRONT END VIBRATION

2002 Ford Focus

I have a 02 ranger xlt 3.0, 4WD, four wheel ABS, auto trans, with 25,500 miles. I have a vibration coming from the front of my vehicle. I think its coming from the driver side of the car. You can feel it slightly but especially if your feet are on the floorboards. When I turn left it gets worse. Its very noticable from 30 - 45mph. I had my wheels and tires rebalanced but no luck. I replaced the driver side front hub assembly thinking it was a bearing problem but that didnt help. Brought it in to Sears Auto to have them check it out. I thought I was having an alignment issue. Everything they checked was ok. The mechanic there said that it might be a driver side front wheel bearing but I told him I replaced it the day before. He then seemed to think it was a tranny problem; possibly the torque converter or front pump because he said he noticed the truck was shifting as well as it should; 1st or 2nd was winding out too long and sometimes theres an abnormal slight kick when shifting. Its tough to notice and it doesnt do it all the time. Could the tranny be causing all this vibration? And if so why what is causing it and why is it a lot worse when I turn left? Its driving me insane because I focus on the vibration everytime im driving. I was going to bring it to a local trans shop but figured id keep researching the issue before I brought it back to a shop. Any advice would help. I dont want to have to drop money into shops trying to find out whats wrong if its somethign I can do myself.
TurboSHO

Did you check the other hub? Vibrations can transmit throughout the truck. Try rotating the tires front to rear. When you turn left you are puting the weight on the right bearing

Jack42
I checked the right hub. I didnt notice any play in the wheel, resistance areas when turning the wheel or hear any abnormal noises. The wheel seems to spin the same as the left wheel. To follow up on the tranny, which the mechanic seemed to think it was, I checked the fluid. Theres ample fluid and it doesnt smell burnt and no metal shavings. I dont think its a tranny problem. I just dont know what else it could be. If I were to take the hub off the car what would be the telltale signs it needs to be replaced. When I replaced the left one it made scraping sounds when spun. Today the truck is having major resistance problems when accelerating so Im leaving it in the driveway. Its tough to get it up to 35-40 mph.

TurboSHO
If all wheels spin free then the trans could very well be the problem

Jack42