FRONT END NOISE

2003 Ford Focus

Noises problem
2003 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

My ford focus has been in the shop several times for a noise in the front end. The mechanic finally said it was some type of stabilizer bar and didn't really mean anything it would just make the small noise it was making. Today it started popping really loud when I turn the wheel and also when I go over any kind of hill or bump. It is a much louder noise then what it was and wasnt' making it when I turn the wheel but it is now. Could you please help?
Bugs1480

Go to another shop that can perform a better diagnostic. Ask them to look at your sway bar links and engine mounts, along with your noise problem.

Zackman
Thank you all for your answers to what might be wrong. I took it to my brother yesterdy morning and come to find out the strut assembely on the front passenger side had gone bad. He replaced that and while working on that one of the stablilzer bars right behind the brakes broke. So good thing that he looked at it. He does minor car repairs for us. He changed that whole thing spring, strut etc. And the noise totally stopped. Guess maybe it had been going bad for a while and just didn't know what it was. Thank you all for your answers.

Bugs1480
You are welcome. I am just glad everything was fixed.

Zackman