BAD SMELL

2000 Ford Focus

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

When I turn on my a/c this really bad smell comes out. I have had it looked at but nowone can find the problem. Also when I accelerate I can sometime hear water, it sounds like it's in the dash on the passenger side, and I was told that there is no water spot on the ground after the a/c has been running. What is it and how do I fix it. Summer's are really hot in Texas!
Dmclane

Can you describe the smell a little better? Moldy? Antifreeze scent?

Blackop555
I guess, it smells like mold.

Dmclane
Try a new cabin air filter first and try spraying a solution of bleach through the air vents then turn the blower on, that might solve it if not your valve that bleeds off the water vapor is plugged and keeping the water in the ducts.

Blackop555
Can you tell me where the cabin air filter is located? Also, the bleach helped a lot. I filled up with freon and now I have the water drip under the car (as it should do.)

Dmclane
Sorry, I cant tell you off hand where it is located try searching around the forums here.

Blackop555
Thanks for your help.

Dmclane
Did you call !!
check under hood if you have one it will be on the write side check the picture

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_focuscabin_1.jpg

BMRFIXIT
Your welcome, thank you for your politeness.

And thanks bmr for the image.

Blackop555