F250 FUSE #45

2003 Ford F-250

2003 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

Number 45 fuse keeps blowing. It is 10 amps. All the gauges stop working and the battery does not charge. Now the fuse stops blowing and no charge or gauges. TY
Stymied101

Has the truck been scanned for codes yet? You need this as a first step, the circuits involved are: Accelerator pedal possition sensor, Clutch pedal possition switch, instrument cluster, Auxilliary powertrain control module, overdrive cancel switch, and the four wheel drive control module. Needs to be narrowed down some. Scan first.

Merlin2021
It is a 2 wheel drive. It is a automatic also. I found a short today in the overdrive/shift lever. I replaced it. It stopped blowing fuses but still has no gauges nor the battery has stopped charging. No codes.

Stymied101
Have you checked the power distribution center? The fuse box under the hood? Also is this an electronic display dash or analog?

Merlin2021
Instrument Cluster Self-Diagnostic Mode To enter the instrument cluster self diagnostic mode with the engine off, depress and hold the odometer reset button. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and hold until the gauges sweep (within five to eight seconds). Depress the reset button once to advance to each stage of the self-test. Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the instrument cluster self -diagnostic mode. If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, proceed to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics. Post up all codes that pop!

Merlin2021
No fuses under hood. Anolog not electronic. I tried the Instrument Cluster Self-Diagnostic Mode(ICSDM). The instruments do not sweep nor respond in any fashion.

Stymied101

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_150fuses_2.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_150fusesb_1.jpg

There are several fuses for the IP, did you check all?
Central box has three! 2, 16, and 30....

Merlin2021