F250 BLOWN FUSE

2001 Ford F-250

2001 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

When I shift to drive or from drive to park it blows the instrument and gas pedal fuse. How do I fix this?
Daryl hollingsworth

Hi Daryl ,

Thank you for the donation.

I need to confirm the fuse that is blowing to understand the problem better.

Is it Fuse # 15 ( Red circle in diagram)?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CentralFuseBox01F250Fig03_2.jpg

No, it's number 19

Daryl hollingsworth
Since the fuse only blows when the gear shift is moved, I believe there is a short to body between the Tan/White wire of Transmission control Switch (TCS) and the PCM, terminal # 29.

Unplug the PCM and TCS and test for continuity of Tan/White wire to body. If continuity is present, the wire is shorted and you have to locate the source.

You'll have break it down a little more. Where are these things, pms and the tcs

Daryl hollingsworth
PCM = Power Control Module. It should be the Auxiliary Power Control Module, located behind right side of dadsh.

TCS = Transmission Control Switch.

The transmission control switch (TCS) is a momentary contact switch that is located on the end of the transmission control selector lever. Pushing the TCS will either disengage or engage the overdrive function of the transmission. If the OVERDRIVE is disengaged, the word OFF will illuminate on the transmission control selector lever.

I believe the wire for the TCS is shorting somewhere and it most probably is near the shift lever.