IDLE PROBLEM

Ford F-150

I have a 93 ford tempo got like 150K miles. It started having idle problems like when ur driving the car it will idle alot higher than normal. And if u push the clutch in and put it in neutral while driving then release the clutch it will idle really high until u come to a dead stop. Unless u stop it wont idle down. Then once u stop it takes like 10 seconds. But its idles down. Repalced the MAF sensor and the idle air control valve. We even replaced a bunch of cracked vaccum hoses. Im just lost with this one. Cuz when we unplug the iac the idle never has a single problem. But the valve is brand new. Im just lost
The_hydroxide_child

Any trouble codes?

Blackop555
The IAC gets a signal from the computer. The computer gets information from the O2 sensors to adjust the idle. You might want to chek that.

Rudpro
No, there is no trouble codes at all. Which is wierd. Ill check the 02 sensor

The_hydroxide_child
You also said you replaced cracked vacuum lines. I would do a thorough check of the vacuum system again. A small leak could be causing it. Also, the IAC valve could be defective even if it's new. I have bought new parts before and they were defective out of the box. It almost sounds like the new IAC valve could be hangng up or working very slowly.

Rudpro
I had a sim. Situation and it ended up being a leak around the intake gasket. Take some starting fluid or carb cleaner and spray around the base of the intake where the gasket is. Hope this helps

J_kunath