F150 TRION 4.6L V8 STARTING PROBLEMS

1999 Ford F-150

My father in law has a 1999 Ford F150 with a triton v8 automatic tranny and he is having some starting issues. He can go out in it and it starts fine, run his errands with stops and restarts with no problems. Then he goes to start it again and nothing happens. He turns the key and the gauges turn on but the starter does nothing. Pulled a load test on the battery and everything was fine but wont start. Had it towed to the dealer and then it started. Dealer can't look at it for 2 weeks, so does anybody have any ideas?
Rkcox93

After checking all connections for secure fit, also make sure you check the bat terminals closely, make sure one is not cracked or split. I actually had that problem a couple years ago, intermittant no-start, no power issue, term had split, only careful inspection revealed it as it wasn't completely across the term, enough to loosen the term. Then I'd look at the starter itself. If you get the no-crank, have someone smack the starter with a wrench or hammer, not overly hard, to see if it'll work.

TaurusWheel