HARD STARING

2002 Ford Explorer

2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

LETS START FROM BEGINNING
I GOT INTO ACCIDENT AND PUT HOLE IN FUEL TANK IREMOVED TANK AND HAD SEALED 1 YR LATER STARED TO LEAKREMOVED TANK AND INSTALLED NEW TANK (TOOK 2DYS TO GET). REINSTALLED TANK CHANGING TANK PRESSURE SWITCH AND USING OLD PUMP(WHICH WAS OUT OF TANK FOR 2DYS). WHEN I TRIED TO START IT STARTED HARD (3 TIMES TO START)PUMP MADE NOISE. CHECK FOR PINCHED LINES (NONE)CODE ON COMP CAME UP LEAN BOTH BANKS. CHECKED PRESURE 65 PSI WITH PUMP MACKING NOISE I DECIDED TO CHANGE PUMP AND FILTER. NOW NOISE GONE PRESURE THE SAME CODE THE SAME PROBLEM THE SAME SO I CHECKED AND CHANGED MAF SAME PROBLEM NOW MY FUEL PRESURE 65 KEY ON AND ZERO WHEN KEY IS OFF DOESN'T SEAM RIGHT? CANT FIND STRAIGHT ANSWER MY HEAD IS TELLING ME I SHOULD HAVE SOME KIND OF PRESSURE LEFT IN LINES SO I THINKING PRESURE REGULATOR OR FUEL DAMPER. I AM LOSING MY MIND OH THATS BEEN GONE ANY HELP PLEASE
JOE
Jmmechanical00

Ok, recheck fuel pressure and while doing so remove the vacuum line from pressure regulator. Pressure should jump up by about 5 or so psi. If pressure remains same replace regulator.

You can also test by turning key to ON Position then OFF then back to ON, do this 2 - 3 times and try starting if starts normally replace regulator.

.

Obxautomedic
Will do but this vehicle has a fuel damper not fuel reg as per dealer parts house

Jmmechanical00
Ok, it is located on the fuel rail and every body will call it, but it does the same thing.

.

Obxautomedic