CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2002 Ford Explorer

Computer problem
2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 88,000 miles

My check engine light came on so I checked my spark plugs and they were bad so I changed them. Now the light won't go off. How do I reset the check engine light.
Aknight1530

Take it to autozone and have them check the codes and then reset the light. Get back to us with the codes.

Mastertechtim
I have the same problem. I just moved to California and need to register my 2002 Explorer with the DMV, but first I had to take it to a shop for emissions testing. It passed the emissions part of the test, but was failed due to " MIL/Check Engine Light". The Smog Check Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) shows, " OBD Fault Code: P1401 Manufacturer specific code". What does this code mean? Is it something I can remedy myself? I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sir WortHog
YES THIS IS SOMETHING YOUY CAN FIX YOURSELF, FOR ABOUT 40 DOLLARS. Go to auto parts store and ask for a dpfe sensor and install it. It has 2 rubber hoses going to it. Very easy and self explainatory. It what senses the egr valve operation

Mastertechtim
I changed the sensor and the check engine light is still on. Do I need to drive it around for a while for the light to go out? Or do I need to reset it somehow? Thanks.

Sir WortHog