NEED MORE ANSWERS

1994 Ford Explorer

1994 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 406962 miles

I bought this truck back in september. I have only a few problems with the truck since I bought the thing. I first had to replace the fuel pump to fix the gas reading. Last month the water pump quit. Replaced it plus the thermostat. Well after my old man put it on I drove it no over heating or nothing. We drove it for 2 days. I filled the tank up with gas
drove maybe 6 to 8 miles. Then it started spitting and sputtering and then engine died. I coasted to the side of the road. I tried to crank it nothing. My man thought it might be catlick converter. He cleaned it out. He punched holes in it cleaned the guts. Did he do that right or is there more? After he cleaned the converter it would turn over but would not fire. We need help he is used to working on older models not anything like newer models. We had it tow and for 3 weeks now it still has not crank. He ran the battery dead trying to crank it. Please give us a answer
Terripope

So it will crank just wont turn over, jump it, if you have too, but first you may need to check spark and fuel/fuel pressure regulator, I'll send some links that will show u how

Legitimate007
http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_engine_ignition_system.htm

Legitimate007