V-6 4X4

1992 Ford Explorer

My explorer wont start, , we have tested the battery, the alternater, starter, put a new starter relay in, and changed the positive battery cable, still, when the key is in the ignition, there is no dinging sound, no lights, no blinkers, no power what so ever. We are stumped as to what to check next. Please if you have any advice, short of blowing the thing up, I would really appreciate any advice or sugestions. : Lol:
Vivski

Go back to basics and check all ground from the battery to the frame, battery to the engine and engine to the fire wall. Remove and clean.

Next follow the + battery wire to the fuse box. With a test light determine where you are loosing 12v. It's jsu a simple matter of tracing down where you have lost power with a test light after you insure you have good grounds.

Good luck

Losone
: lol: : D 8) : P : wink: : mrgreen: losone.
Thank you for the advice, you are so awesome.
The negative battery cable was the culprit!
It might be a 92 exploder, but it's my baby, and it not starting or having power was driving me crazy.
Since we bought her(betsy) she has received a rebuilt motor, a new transmission, repairs to the 4x4,
a new radiator, new brake system, and many other repairs.I just spent500$ on new tires a month or so ago, and I just couldnt see salvaging it even if my husband says she's nothing but a money pit.
Your advice is greatly appreciated and I will keep you in my favorites. For future use. Cause I know I might
need it. Lol.
Thanks again, I think I love you!

Vivski
I appreciate your kind response. After 40 + years of garage ownership I enjoy some of my spare time helping other people with the free side of experience. Good luck with your Baby

Losone