FORD EXPEDITION 134A PROBLEM

2005 Ford Expedition

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I HAVE A 2005 FORD EXPEDITION AND THE AC MY TRUCK IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE IT BLOWS HOT AIR. A COUPLE OF THEYS AGO THE AC WAS WORKING FINE BUT THEN I CHECK TO SEE IF IT NEED MORE 134A I LOOK LIKE IT NEED A LITTLE AND I ADDED A FULL CAND BUT AFTER I ADDED THE CAND AND AFTER A WHILE A BURST SOUND AND IT SMELL LIKE THE GAS CAME OUT BUT THE AIR WAS WORKING FINE I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO IT AFTER BUT IT WAS NOT COLLING LIKE IT WAS BEFOR. TWO DAYS I GO I CHECK THE GAGES AND IT NEED SOME 134A SO I ADDED ANOTHER CAND AND TI WAS WOKING FINE BUT WHEN I TOOK IT FOR A RIDE THE I HEAD THE SAME BURSTING NOISE AND THEN HOT AIR WAS COMING OUT IT CHECK THE MOTOR AND IT WAS NOT RUNING
AND THEN I TRY TO CHECK THE GAGES BUT IT DID NOT LET PULG THE HOUSE THE VAVULE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT HAPPEN OR WHAT CAN I DO TO FIXED IT OR WHAT ELSE CAN I CHECK.
JGMATA36

To ill an A/C system correctly, you need a manifold gauge set so you can see the pressures in the system, to me it sounds like you added too much, and the relief valve opened and vented the R-134a to the atomsphere. Take it to a qualified A/C shop before you succeed in destroying the compressor, or other EXPENSIVE parts!

Merlin2021
THE COMPRESS DOSENT RUN ANYMORE AND HOT AIR COMES OUT DOSE THAT MEAN I DAMAGE THE COMPESSER

JGMATA36
That I cant tell from here, thats why I suggest an able shop!

Merlin2021
What is the highpressure cut off switch and what does it do.

JGMATA36
It kills the power to the compressor so high pressure does not make it explode!

Merlin2021
I took my truck to a service tech and he check the truck and made compresser work but it is turning off and on he also said that he needs to change one of the house because it is clogth. Is there any other way to un clogth the house and does he needs to replace it.

JGMATA36
If a hose? Is clogged? It should be replaced, they can develop an internal tear, this will act as a flap that will close the flow of refridgerant in one direction. If you want it to work, change the bad hose, replace the reciever drier, and orifice tube, evacute and recharge it.

Merlin2021