IAT SENSOR /MAF SENSOR

1998 Ford Excursion

1998 Ford Excursion V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I pulled the following codes P0113 / P0171 /P0174.

I cleaned the MAFS with an electrical cleaner purchased at the automotive store. Sprayed the hell out of it. Vehicle continues to exhibit the same symptoms as before the cleaning. It will hesitate and even stall after it gets through the warm up (3-5 minutes). Vehicle appears to run fine as long as I am accelerating and moving down the road.

Additionally I pulled the following information:
Too Lean Bank 1 (P0171) & Too Lean Bank 2 (P0174).

P0113p/d Mode$10

The MAFS apepared to be in good condition through visual inspection. There is one other sensor that I cleaned (don't know the name of it) that is in the air flow intake hose (probably not the right terminology). This sensor is located between the MAFS and the engine.

I did not want to begin replacing sensors one by one until the probalem goes away. Any ideas?

Thank you.
John1966

Unplug the mass air flow sensor and see if it runs better and does not stall. I replace these mass air flow sensors a lot. Your also not supposed to spray the hell out of it, just a light dusting. Im pretty sure your going to need a new one. You can also check for a engine vacuum leak, this will also set these codes. Spray carb cleaner at the base of the intake and see if the idle changes, if it does then there is the vacuum leak. But usually a vacuum leak will not make it stqall

Mastertechtim