CLUTCH REPLACEMENT COST

1998 Ford Escort

1998 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 90,000 miles

What is the approximate cost for parts and labor to replace the clutch in a 1998 Ford Escort?

Does the clutch need to be replaced to diagnose whether the transmission is good or bad?

Thank you.
Rrgardner1

500-800 is the price range. If the vehicle wont move then you have to find out if the clutch is good but if you take it apart and find the clutch is good then you dont need to replace it to know the trrans is bad

Mastertechtim

1st of what is wrong ? having shifting or slipping problems-

Labor/parts see below for reference/guide

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_clutch_assy_1.jpg

No specific problem, but my daughter took her car into a repair shop and they told her it needed a new clutch and charged her $1,100. After the fact, they are now telling her that it also needs a new transmission, which will cost $1,500 - what do you think?

Rrgardner1

Rrgardner1
Wow. Dont ask me what I think@!$$%#!@$!$

Mastertechtim