HELP ME PLEASE (ABS LIGHT)

Ford Escape

Recently the ABS light on my ford escape has come on. However it is not always on. For example sometimes it can come on in the middle of driving or when you start the car and others times it won't come on at all. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the speed sensor. This seemed to work but now the light is coming back on. I took it to another dealer and they said the brake harness needed to be replaced. What does this mean and do you think it will fix the problem? Can you think of anything else that might be causing this problem? Thanks. Feel free to e-mail me at jlb8172003@yahoo. Com. I despratly need advice I am so sick of this problem with the ABS light.
Jlb8172003

Isn't this issue covered under your warranty? Or has it run out? What is the code number you're getting? You can't just guess at these systems, they self-diagnose with the codes. Obviously it's some type of intermittent problem what with the light going on and off, what is the brake harness, do they mean wheel sensor? Or is it some type of major-league wiring? Did they give you a price for repair? Why did you change dealers? Ford dealers I'm assuming?

TaurusWheel
Yes it is still covered by my warranty. I do not know the code number. Should I ask for the code number? I do not know what they mean by the brake harness. I know they do not mean the wheel sensor because this has already been replaced. I am trying to figure out what the brake harness is. I switched ford dealers because the first one told me nothing was wrong. Thank you for your help so far I hope you will be able to help me now that I have provided you with answers to your questions. Thank you very much for the help so far.

Jlb8172003
Must be a circuit problem if they're looking to replace the hjarness, whatever that is, there's a bunch of different circuits that control the system, without a code, can't narrow it down, there are instances where there could be problems in the abs and it can't self-diagnose them, then a diagnostic routine must be followed to pinpoint the issue, however you say your abs light still goes on and off, so there is a code stored in the memory, get the number, then people here can help you, however if this is a warranty issue, have them fix it, that's what it's for, there may be more then one issue involved. Some of the abs system requires specialized equipment to diagnose.

TaurusWheel
Thank you for your reply. The problem I am having is the dealer says he can't get the code unless the ABS light is on. What should I do? Thank you

Jlb8172003