HOW TO RESET A FUEL PUMP SHUT OFF SWITCH

Ford Crown Victoria

I own a 1997 crown victoria 4.6L police intercepter squad car and I need to know how to reset the fuel pump shut off switch mannually. The car has been sitting awile and I have replaced the plugs and put fuel in. It cranks but doesn't start, there's plenty of spark, all fuses are ok but, like the other person, I too shot a little either into it and it fired up but didn't stay running. I couldn't hear the pump spinning as I was the only person working on it so it's impossible for me to listen for the spinning of the fuel pump.I believe either the fuel pump relay switch is bad or the fuel pump is bad, however I did something really stupid, I found the shutoff switch and I depressed the red button and now I don't know how to pop it back up also, does anybody know how to drop the gas tank so I can replace the fuel pump if it needs to be replaced? Thank you for listening to my long drawn out questions. : Oops:
RONAVISH

The inertia switch is in the trunk, and the button should be press down! Thats the normal position, to remove the tank you need to jack the car up high enough to get under the rear, between the axle and the tank you will see two threaded rods, undo these unplg all wires and lines and remove! Do this with 1 or 2 gallons. The pump relay is under the hood in the power distribution box.

Merlin2021