MODELS LOSS OF POWER SMOKING

2007 Fiat Other

2007 Other Fiat Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

Fiat 1.7 Strada Turbo Diesel LDV

120000Km Service
1. Agents changed Cam belt
2. On instruction form Fiat S.A. Changed iol from Castrol TXT softec to a synthetic oil.
Engine had to be flushed out before changing oil type

After the service the car lost power
Travelled home (+- 250 Km)
When starting the following morning the car starteds normally but after 3-5 minutes startd belching out Blue smoke and the engine miss-fired baldy
I drove the vehicle for +- 10minutes and the smoke cleared and the car was normal except for being under-powered.
Returned the car to the Agents - They discovered that the Oil Gate to the Turbo was blocked and replaced the Turbo (Carbon dislodged from Flushing Engine?)
I suspected that:
i) The cambelt timing was out but the agents checked this
ii) The Agents put fuel in the car and I suspect that someone had mistakenly put in a small qty of petrol bfore realizing their mistake
The car was returned to me and the car was stiil under-powered and the above smoking problem perisited
The car was returned to the agents and a compression test was done but proved to be within acceptable tange
The injectors were replaced and the car returened to me
I travelled home (+-250 Km) and the same result as obove - Starting easily but smoking and missing after 3-5 mins.
The car was returned to the Agents who are now totally baffled as to the cause of the problem.
Bunnkh

Sounds like the timing is not set correctly.

Dave H
Hello.

I was agreeing with your theory. In that the timing was out still. For a 2007 vehicle compression should be at the top end of the " acceptable range" . Not just in the " acceptable range" even with 120000 on the engine. Also if indeed they did put in the wrong fuel as you suspect. The computers settings/adaptation values could all be out of synch and the computer could just need a relearn, you could try resetting the computer and doing a drive cycle relearn for the computer from default !

Dave H