WON'T START

1993 Eagle Summit

1993 Eagle Summit 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 235000 miles

Vehicle has stopped while driving on two different occassions. Each time it turns over very well, but wont start. I suspect the coil, but cannot locate where it is to do an ohm test on it. First off, am I barking up the right tree with suspecting the coil? Secondly, where is the coil. I suspect it's in the distributor? Oh well, any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Willie
Wsuttle

Hi wsuttle, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation and selecting us as your auto repair site Feel free to ask questions at anytime

Vehicle has stopped while driving on two different occassions. Each time it turns over very well, but wont start.

Do below and tell me the outcome of the results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it