WILL NOT TURN OVER!!!

2001 Dodge Stratus

Computer problem
2001 Dodge Stratus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125570 miles

Just bought the car used, with it having 125,563 miles, it was needing connecting rod bearings, so the car was not driveable to see if there were any other issues at average road speeds. After replacing the connecting rod bearings with some what of a success, it was ready for a test drive. With the first failing attempt of a good road test due to a leaky egr gasket, I replaced the gasket with hopes of clearing up my bigger problem - the engine shutting of on me at random, and with four to five starting attempts, I was able to make it back home. Now that the egr gasket was replaced it was ready for road test number two. It died on me about a mile from my house. It has a good battery, fuses, (not sure about link fuses), bright head lights, all the gauges work, along with all the electical options. While turning the key and going through the gear selector, (automatic transmission), I have all instrument lights but no sound of a fuel pump, and the starter does not even try to engage. No ticking, no sound, nothing. Just a no buS upon my gauge cluster. So if you have any help as to what would be a good direction for me to resolve my issue, please advise.
Mattmann

The no bus indicates there is no communication between the PCM and its components. Check the wiring harness to the PCM to make sure there is no corrosion, loose pins, and the harness is tight.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks for the input. It is a PCM problem. I also have a 2002 Stratus with a 2.7 in running condition. For kicks and giggles I decided to swap out the PCM between the two cars. To a wonderful suprise my 2001 Stratus runs perfectly with the 2002 Stratus PCM. Prior to this I used electrical spray cleaner to no avail. But for my first test run though, I was able to take the car up to speed and go through the gears with no problems. Like I said thanks for your advise, very much appreciated.

Mattmann
I'm glad you found the problem. Let us know if you have questions in the future.