TICKING NOISE

1993 Dodge Stealth

I bought a 1993 dodge stealth a cpl days ago and was told they blew the motor the reason why they said it was they were going about saposably 140mph when they herd a ticking noise and then they sut it down and never started it agin. But it does start just fine and runs smooth but it has a slight ticking noise under the vavle cover on the left side. It has 150k on it. It is a 24v dohc motor. Any ideas of what it could be?
Cantcme

I am having the same problem with a 92 with the same engine except that I have lost HP. Have you lost HP? I don't know what it is, but I am thinking it has to do with the rocker assembly. The ticking keeps time with the rotation of the cam. I have not pulled off the valve cover to check this theory. Also I have gasoline in the oil. Check to see if this problem exists for you. We possibly have the same problem and could assist one another with any information we may find.

PhantomStealth
You might have collapsed a lifter are two. Note these cars make a ticking rattle sound and that is normal. However if one head makes more noise then the other. Could be lifter. They easy to change

Clair miller