CONTAMINATED BRAKE FLUID

Dodge Ram

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel with 50,000 miles on it. I am having a problem with all my brakes locking. A brake shop mechanic told me that I have engine oil or transmission fluid mixed in with my brake fluid. He said that I would have to replace every part of my brake system, including the ABS. It would cost well over $5,000. A mechanic friend of mine said that I only need to replace the parts that have some rubber in them. Which one is right?
Ducky0993

The brake system don't like anything other than brake fluid DOT4. How long has it been in there-not long I will take a chance I only die ones-I will bleed it all out with fresh fluid its alot cheaper than 5K deniros.

My question is, what is it doing in there to begin with.
You need to look when they top off something.

My experience-I had to use engine oil to get home No brake fluid/No stores open and -20 deg/158 miles away with a leaking wheel cyclinder. Next day I bleed it all out. Drove it for 3yrs with no brake problem.