2500 DIESEL ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Ram

I have a 2005 dodge diesel 2500 quad cab 4 x 4 automatic 5.9 cummins diesel with 108,000 miles. I was driving up a hill with cruise control set at 62 mph when I heard a loud pop noise. I lost power. It was like my foot let off the gas all at once. I pulled over and turned it off. When I tried to restart it sounds like the motor is locked up. I lost no engine oil but my transmission was wet with fluid. Does anybody have any ideas as to what may have happened?
Tonifewell

When you say sounds locked up do you mean starter engages but won't turn the motor over, or does the motor turn over when you try to start. Also what is the fluid that is all over the trans, is it engine oil, trany fluid, engine coolant, fuel. If not sure what does it smell and look like. Is there oil in the engine does it have a metallic shine or smell burnt. Is the engine coolant full.

Wrench