INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

1990 Dodge Omni

1990 Dodge Omni 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60,400 miles

the odometer stopped working and I was advised to replace the cluster, which is electric not cable. When I rec'd the new (used) cluster and I was garunteed it was a working unit. When installed it did the same thing. The odometer was the only thing not working the speedometer is fine. Do you think the new (used) is bad as well or is there something else wrong?
PEEP0529

If the odometer still does not work it most likely is bad luck. You can still get key codes very well, but I can't see anything except if there is any speed sensor that was sometimes used in a cable. It led to nowhere. Or there is a signal missing from the speed sensor ref. It would be a code 15 if I'm not mistaken. Good luck, let me know if you can. Didn't see many 90's. Great car. I wish I had one. You may pull a code that shows somewhere to start, is the replaced speedometer also a no cable? If yes, see if the key on, off, on, off, on--- flashes anything. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ch112063